Dragon Fire Comics runs Mini Masters, a casual Magic: the Gathering format, every Saturday at 5:30. Entry is open to everyone and costs $10.00.
The game is run in three rounds, each lasting 50 minutes.
- Round 1: You get a Magic: the Gathering Booster Pack containing 15 cards. You will also receive 3 of each type of basic land. Open your pack, but don’t look at the cards! Shuffle in the lands – that’s your deck for round 1!
- Round 2: You get a second Booster Pack. You will have time to construct a deck of at least 30 cards using the two packs you have opened and any basic lands you may need. You will use this deck for the second round.
- Round 3: You get a third Booster Pack. Again, you will have time to construct a deck of at least 30 cards before the start of the round.
Any cards that you receive in your booster packs are yours to keep after the games are over!
At the end of the night, points are tallied and entered for a two month competition. At the end of the two months, the top three are awarded prizes in store credit.
Points are awarded as follows:
- Participation is worth 1 Point
- The winners of each round will receive 1, 2, or 3 points for winning that round – the values are determined randomly at the end of the night. (For example: One evening, Round 1 is worth 2 points, Round 2 is worth 3 Points, and Round 3 is worth 1 point. The next weekend, Round 1 is worth 3 points, Round 2 is worth 1 point, and Round 3 is worth 2 points.)
- If a player is undefeated in every round, they receive 1 point.